- Have you tried a delicious chocolate milk after a hard workout? Protein and calcium contained in milk help contribute to weight loss, while increasing lean muscle mass.
- Try a drinkable yogurt for breakfast for a boost of dairy combined with probiotics for digestive health.
- How about a low fat mozzarella cheese stick for a quick but filling snack for mid-day?
- Just an 8 ounce glass of milk with your supper can help fill your 3rd serving each day!
- New changes in dairy products offer even more healthy options!
- Cheeses with lower sodium and fat levels.
- Flavored milk with less added sugar -- that can help Americans meet the 2010 DGA recommendations without compromising on taste!
Through NDC, dairy farmers have supported child nutrition research, education and communication in their communities and schools for nearly a century. Dairy has been committed to children’s health for years. In 2009 we launched a joint effort with the National Football League, called Fuel Up to Play 60 (FUTP60) , that aims to help improve children’s health by bringing healthy eating education and physical activities to more than 70,000 schools. FUTP60 promotes good nutrition – including low-fat and fat-free dairy – and physical fitness in our nation’s schools to help defeat childhood obesity by allowing students to take the lead in choosing the changes they want to make, including access to healthier food and getting active with physical activity every day. First Lady Michelle Obama has also signed on with this exciting program!
Looking for more information, please see the links below!